ICGFM Board of Directors - Biography
Tony Hegarty, Former Chief Financial Management Officer and Head of the Financial Management Sector Board of the World Bank
Tony Hegarty is the Fmr Chief Financial Management Officer and Head of the Financial Management Sector Board of the World Bank. Prior to retiring from the World Bank in November 2012, Tony was:
- Co-Chair of the OECD-DAC Task Force on Public Financial Management;
- Co-Chair of the INTOSAI-Donors Steering Committee;
- Co-Chair of the IFAC-Donors Steering Committee (MOSAIC);
- Founding Member of IFAC’s Developing Nations Committee (now called the PAO Development Committee);
- Chair of the Multilateral Development Banks Financial Management Working Group on Harmonization;
- Alternating Chair/Member of the Multi-Donor Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability (PEFA) Steering Committee; and
- Member of the World Bank’s Public Sector Governance Board.
Since retiring (2013-17), Tony has been a Senior Advisor on International Development. Strategic engagements include: United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA).
Tony is also a current Member of GAO’s Center for Audit Excellence Advisory Board (USA) and a regular speaker at international conferences on a range of topics in various parts of the world.